Monday, April 30, 2012

MadTosh Grand Opening and a Finished Sock.

This past Saturday was the grand opening of the MadTosh store. I got to the store about half an hour before the 11 a.m. opening, and there were already about 15 people waiting.


The store is gorgeous, with its shelves filled with deliciously-colored yarns, a wall of needles and notions, and a wall of quilting fabrics. There were books, spinning fibers, project bags, and lots of other goodies too.



I ran into my friend Kara from my new knitting group while I was waiting in line and I ran into my friend Mary later once I was in the store. It was a very fun experience being in a big, friendly knitting crowd.


I was good and only made it out with two skeins. The green is Tosh Sock, and the blue/purple is Tosh Merino Light.


In other news, I finished the first sock for my dad! In more important news, I made him try it on today and it fits!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great photos, Gynx. I will try to get by there this week. Delighted to hear they were open Sunday. Hope that's permanent. Do they list days and hours of business somewhere?

    Your Dad's sock looks great. Pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, their hours are here: http://madtosh.com/store-hours/
      And the sock is the Java pattern from Knitty.

      Delete