Hello everyone, long time no see :D
I've been teasing with promises of pictures of my redone desk for a while, but I just made it to Home Depot today to get new hardware for the drawers.
Here's a before picture in case you forgot. I had already taken out the drawers, taken off the hardware and gotten to work on them before I took a picture... sorry. Imagine drawers in it and dated hardware.
My plan of attack was basically the same as it was for the side table I did earlier this summer: sand, prime, paint, stain, distress, seal.
I used a bright orange paint that I had laying around, and honestly, I kind of liked the desk when it was bright orange. I didn't think it would fit in with the aesthetic I have in mind for our future home, and even though it's just going to be in my studio, I decided to go forth with my plans of staining.
I used the same stain I had used on the table, which is dark. In hindsight, I should have gotten a lighter stain. Regardless, I painted it on, let it sit for a bit, and unevenly rubbed most of it off to give it an older feel. Once it was dried, I lightly sanded some areas to add some more distress and finished it off with two layers of polycrylic.
There are a few things I would have done differently looking back, but overall I'm pretty happy with it. This will probably be my last furniture redo for a while though, as I don't have room to bring any more furniture into my tiny apartment! I plan on redoing my dresser, but that will have to wait until I have more space to work in.