On Friday, I decided I wanted to use some of my handspun yarn that's been laying around waiting for a project. I couldn't really decide what to do with the small yardages I had in worsted to bulky weight handspuns. Sure, I had enough to use them for cowls, but I have a lot of cowls and really didn't want to make another one.
Then I thought of hats. I never wear hats, as I didn't think I could be someone that pulled off hats. I've knit a couple, but I never wear them. I don't know why though, but on Friday I decided that I was going to start wearing hats. Therefore, I needed to knit some.
I grabbed some 100% Polwarth that I got from Stone & String Studio at Fiber Fest last year and had spun up, and settled on the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret pattern that so many others have knit and loved. It had been in my Ravelry queue since 2009!
I started the hat on Friday and finished Sunday morning. It was a really fast pattern, and if I had really wanted to, it could have been done in a day. I blocked it around a plate and by this morning it was ready to wear. I don't think I'm going to be wearing it any time soon because of the heat, but I'm very happy with it!
Pattern: Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Handspun 100% Polwarth (fiber from Stone & String Studio)
Needles: US size 10 & 11
Ravelry Project Page: Link