Thursday, December 20, 2012
When my Thursday night knitting group at MadTosh decided to do a KAL of the Vitamin D cardigan, I wasn't too terribly excited. Drapey, open cardigans aren't normally my thing, and to be honest, I saw a lot of people's projects on Ravelry that I didn't think looked too flattering.
After reading a lot of project notes, I decided to make a few mods (listed in the Specs below) to get something that would (hopefully) look decent on me. When I chose my size, I went below my bust measurement because I didn't want the back and sleeves to be huge on me. One main concern was I didn't want the two front points to land at the bust line, which I think I avoided well.
I chose to do the cardigan out of Gynx Sock because I thought it would be a good example of a larger project using the yarn, but since I started, that base was discontinued. Oh well.
Pattern: Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier
Yarn: Gynx Sock (discontinued) in "Ino"
Needles: US 5 & 4
Mods: Used fingering weight instead of sport, had to go up to 5s to get gauge
Added 10 rows stockinette stitch before and after the short rows
Lengthened sleeves to full length
Ravelry Project Page