I thought it was a great idea to actually make the list and keep up with it by updating it, instead of just writing a post to get lost in the archives. It gives the writer some accountability and makes it more interesting for the reader.
I was going to do a "30 Things Before 30" list, but that gives me 9 years, and I wanted a time frame that was a few years, but not too long that I'd put things off because I had so long. I decided that 25 was a good age, since I'm 21 now and that gives me almost 4 years. I also wanted to make sure that the tasks were things I was going to have to try to do, and not things that were already planned or for sure happening. For example, I want to get married by 25, but that's already scheduled for January.
I'm going to figure out how to make a little link on the side panel for this, and hopefully update as I accomplish things.
25 Things I Want To Do Before I'm 25
2. Buy a house.
3. Visit Europe (Italy again, Spain and London are my main picks)
4. Attend a Sock Summit.
5. Run in a race (I did the Warrior Dash once, but I've never done a road race).
7. Get Gynx Yarns into a brick & mortar store.
8. Buy and learn to use a spinning wheel.
9. Get comfortable swimming (I can swim a little bit, but not very well).
11. Laser hair removal.
12. Go to Portland - Eat a vegan donut at VooDoo Donuts.
13. Deadlift 200 lbs.
15. Design and self-publish a knitting pattern (I've designed plenty before, but never put out a pattern).
16. Start learning Spanish again and get okay at it. Aug 16, 2011 - Started Rosetta Stone
17. Get a pattern published in a magazine/on a website other than my own.
18. Teach a class.
20. Go camping.
22. Join a fiber/yarn of the month club.
23. Go rock climbing outdoors.
24. Learn to appreciate wine.
25. Hike on a mountain.